by Emily Bolecek
The past few weeks have been devastating for our country. Not only is a Trump presidency shocking and terrifying, but the president-elect has continued to prove he is a threat by surrounding himself with a team that is increasingly alarming. Perhaps the most important thing to remember about this election is that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. Most people in this nation do not support the bigoted, dangerous views of our president-elect. I’m sharing my to-do list with you because no matter who you are, I trust you are awesome, good people who can make a difference. Here is what I’m doing. I urge you to also get involved!
- Planned Parenthood
- Center for Reproductive Rights (this is like the ACLU for vaginas)
- International Rescue Committee
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Empower kids: Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Become an English conversation partner: Opportunity for Better Tomorrow
- Escort women to clinics
- Get involved with climate change
- Volunteer at a community center for immigrants: Make the Road NY
- Get involved with local elections. Find out when they are and VOTE.
- Exercise: yoga, take walks and enjoy the fall leaves
- Gratitude practice: write down three things you are grateful for
- Get a massage
- Watch movies that make you happy
- Cook a warm meal
Know that you aren’t alone. Keep us posted on what you are involved with because what we do together does more that what we can each do alone. Post, share, spread what you do. Bring together the people around you. Don’t stand down, but take care of yourself. And thank you! No matter how little or how much you do, thank you.